How to Stay Motivated At The Gym
You said this was the year you are going to stick with the gym. This is the year you will meal prep. This is the year that you will make fitness one of your priorities. You successfully make it through the first two weeks of training.
You survived the awkward feeling of getting back into the gym. You are amazed that the first week soreness that can feel like being hit by a bus didn’t kill you. You are almost through the first month and you missed a few days of training.
Fortunately, missing a couple days of training is not detrimental to success in your fitness journey. How ever, you are not as excited and motivated to keep training as hard or as often.
It is normal to feel this way towards training. Eventually motivation will wear off but you need to focus on being disciplined. Sticking to your routine will help you reach your goals and re-ignite your motivation.
Here are a few tips to help stay motivated and discipline in the gym
- Set specific and achievable goals.
- Create a schedule and stick to it.
- Find a workout buddy or accountability partner.
- Track your progress and celebrate your successes.
- Mix up your routine to prevent boredom.
- Find activities you enjoy and make them a part of your workout routine.
- Reward yourself for reaching milestones.
- Remind yourself of the benefits of regular exercise.
- Focus on the present moment during your workout.
- Don’t compare yourself to others, progress is progress.
- One-on-One sessions with a personal trainer
The goal is to make fitness a lifestyle. The more productive and enjoyable your fitness routine, the easier is will be to see results and stay motivated.
Reach out if you need any help staying motivated with your training.
Have a great workout.
IFPA MASTER TRAINER