Feeling Restless During COVID-19? Here Are Fitness Tips the Whole Family Can Use
Staying home can have you feeling cabin fever—especially if you’re skipping your regular fitness routine. For kids and parents alike, keeping active is essential for handling COVID-19. As some areas begin to reopen, there are both indoor and outdoor activities you can enjoy as a family.
Start Off with Healthy Habits
Physical fitness is only part of the equation. Families should also practice healthy habits—and avoid lockdown-related snacking.
- Continue to follow hand washing best practices.
- Jump-start your healthy living in multiple ways.
- Choose nutritious alternatives to favorite junk foods.
- Start the day with a nutrient-dense breakfast with your family.
Then Get Moving Inside
You want to stay active indoors, but how? Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to start moving, even in a small space.
- Increase physical activity at home by setting goals and getting creative.
- Get warmed up by streaming exercise
- Set a family fitness challenge to complete together.
- Set up home gym equipment for everyone to use.
Get Outside When It’s Safe
In some areas, restrictions are loosening up, and you may be able to safely venture out for exercise.
- Engage in outdoor exercise that works with social distancing.
- Check with your local fitness center for reopening dates (and new guidelines).
- Decide whether it’s safe to hit the gym—and protect yourself when you do.
Getting active can be challenging when you’re stuck at home. But in addition to embracing healthy habits as a family, you can also stay fit and have fun. By working out indoors and exercising outdoors safely, you’ll emerge from quarantine healthier—and happier—than ever.
Photo via Rawpixel